A flexible new approach to youth employment. It is designed to support young people to gain the skills and work experience they need to get and keep a job.
Youth Jobs PaTH has three elements: Prepare - Trial - Hire.
- If you're a jobseeker aged 15 - 24 you may want to consider discussing Employability Skills Training (EST) with BEST Employment.
- EST is an opportunity to improve your chances of getting a job
- It can help you identify and improve the employability skills that employers require and develop your interview and application skills to help you land that job
- EST can also provide you with opportunities to experience different career paths that match your interests
- Voluntary internship opportunities to help you gain real work experience in local business by taking part in an internship placement for between 4 and 12 weeks.
- An internship is an opportunity to show an employer what you can do and how you fit into their business.
- Internships are unpaid by the business, instead you will receive an extra $200 a fortnight on top of your income support payment.
- BEST Employment will provide support to you and the host throughout the internship.
- If it's the right fit for both you and the host you could land yourself a job
For more information about Youth Jobs PaTH visit jobactive.gov.au/path